Technical Conference topics
The range of topics being discussed at LOPEC's Technical Conference is vast. Here the main focus is on presentations and discussions related to printed electronics technologies, manufacturing processes and products that have already found their market or are about to be launched.
The Technical Conference is industry and application oriented and promotes the ongoing development of products and business segments.
Below is a list of the topics of the 2018 LOPEC Technical Conference
- Smart and hybrid systems
- Flexible displays and lighting
- Touch, tactile and haptic feedback
- Wearables electronics
- Internet of Things
- Upscaling production and manufacturing processes
- Biomedical applications
- Functional materials
- Substrate and encapsulation
- Publicly funded projects
- Lighting in mobility applications
Smart and hybrid systems
- Technical challenges of printed electronics systems and integration, including hybrid integration and sensing.
Flexible displays and lighting
- Flexible display and lighting technologies and manufacturing
- Novel products and applications.
Touch, tactile and haptic feedback
- Covers new trends in touch panels, tactile and haptic feedback, and airborne haptics
- Technical challenges and advances in wearable and stretchable electronics applications
- Technologies for energy production, harvesting and storage including
- OPV (organic photovoltaics)
- CIGS (copper indium gallium selenide)
- DSSC (dye-sensitized solar cells)
- Batteries and super capacitors
IoT (Internet of Things)
- Covers challenges and use cases of large area, printed or organic electronics in internet-of-things applications
Upscaling production and manufacturing processes
- Challenges and advances in upscaling production, printing and patterning processes
- 3D printing technologies
- Quality control in production lines
- Covers challenges and use cases of large area, printed or organic electronics in bio-medical applications
- Organic, Inorganic and hybrid materials
- Novel materials like graphene
- Active and passive materials
Substrate and encapsulation
- Recent advancements on substrate technologies including encapsulation
Publicly funded projects
- Latest achievements in publicly funded projects
Lighting in mobility applications
- automotive an aerospace as focus application areas, OLED lighting, signage, integration for required applications, smart enhancement of OLED light source for named application areas, smart integrated functionality in OLED lighting for application areas, interior and exterior lighting applications alike
3D MID (Mechatronic interconnect devices)
- MID technology (MID – Mechatronic Integrated Devices) enables the integration of mechanical, electronic, thermal, fluidic and optical functions in three-dimensional shaped circuit carriers. Suitable substrate materials range from thermoplastics, thermosets, glass and ceramics up to specially coated metals. Characterized by the various potentials of MID technology and by the prospects of emerging, promising technologies, such as printed electronics and additive manufacturing, the term MID formerly known as Molded Interconnect Devices expands to Mechatronic Integrated Devices.
Technical Conference Chair:
Dr. Ton van Mol, Holst Centre (NL), Managing Director
In addition to the presentations, the Technical Conference will be hosting a Poster Session. Here, new ideas or technologies are presented in short form. The posters will be presented in the ICM foyer where theyare made accessible to all trade fair and conference visitors.
As part of this session, the authors of the posters are present to answer any questions visitors may have about the interesting and innovative issues they raise. This will take place on March 14, 2018 from 18:00 to 20:00. This event is also open to all visitors attending both the Conference and the trade fair. Here, through one-on-one discussions, guests can gain further knowledge and establish useful contacts.
Are you interrested in presenting your work at LOPEC 2018?
Please submit your paper from September 5 - October 12, 2017!