Technical Conference topics
The Technical Conference provides status updates on the development of specific products and business sectors.
The Technical Conference is industry and application oriented and promotes the ongoing development of products and business segments.
Below is a list of the topics of the 2019 LOPEC Technical Conference
Smart and Hybrid Systems
- Technical challenges of Printed electronics systems and integration, including interconnection technologies, hybrid integration and sensing, and applications in IoT.
- Flexible display technologies and manufacturing. Novel products and applications.
Human-machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Covers new trends in touch panels, tactile and haptic feedback, airborne haptics and display technologies in human-machine interactions and its applications in automotive, aerospace and others.
- Technical challenges and advances in wearable and stretchable electronics applications.
- Technologies for energy production, harvesting and storage, including OPV (organic photovoltaics), CIGS (copper indium gallium selenide), DSSC (dye-sensitized solar cell), Perovskites, batteries and super capacitors.
Upscaling Production and Manufacturing Processes
- Challenges and advances in upscaling production, printing and patterning processes, and quality control in production lines.
- Covers challenges and use cases of large area, printed or organic electronics in bio-medical applications.
- Organic, Inorganic and hybrid materials, novel materials like graphene, active and passive materials.
Substrates and Encapsulation
- Recent advancements on substrate technologies including encapsulation.
Publicly Funded Projects
- Latest achievements in publicly funded projects.
- (O)LED lighting, signage, integration for required applications, smart enhancement of (O)LED light source, smart integrated functionality in (O)LED lighting for application areas, and its applications in focus areas of automotive an aerospace.
3D Structural electronics
- Integration of electronics and components into the housing via 3D printing, in-molding, thermoforming, or 3D MID and its application in for example automotive or aerospace.
- Challenges and advances in materials and integration of various functionalities in textiles.
Technical Conference Chair:
Dr. Ton van Mol, Holst Centre (NL), Managing Director
In addition to the presentations, the Technical Conference will be hosting a Poster Session. Here, new ideas or technologies are presented in short form. The posters will be presented in the ICM foyer where theyare made accessible to all trade fair and conference visitors.
As part of this session, the authors of the posters are present to answer any questions visitors may have about the interesting and innovative issues they raise. This will take place on March 20, 2019 from 18:00 to 19:30. This event is also open to all visitors attending both the Conference and the trade fair. Here, through one-on-one discussions, guests can gain further knowledge and establish useful contacts.