LOPEC Award Show
During the LOPEC Dinner 2018 on Wednesday, March 14, exhibitors and conference participants come together to enjoy culinary delights. It was the perfect place to meet and exchange ideas and information. One of the highlights of this evening was the LOPEC Award Show of the OE-A Competition 2018 and the Start-up Forum 2018.
OE-A Competition 2018
The annual OE-A Competition encourages young engineers and scientists as well as companies and designers to develop a vision of future applications incorporating organic and printed electronics as well as to present exciting new products.
The awards will be conferred on the best ideas, prototypes and products in the field of printed electronics. A top-class jury of experts from the industry decided on the Awards, the trade show audience voted on the Public Choice Award. Prizes were awarded in the following four categories:
- Prototypes & New Products: Self-Powered Patch for Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis, IMB-CNM-CSIC (ES)
- Freestyle Demonstrator: Flexible Supercapacitor System, RISE Acreo (SE)
- Publicly-Funded Project Demonstrator: 3D Force Touch Sensor, CPI (GB)
- Best Printed Electronics Vision: Boxcycle – Intelligent Food Storing Container, University of Applied Sciences Munich (DE)
- Public Choice Award: T-Book with Audio Enriched Pages, TU Chemnitz & ARKEMA Piezotech (DE & FR)
Start-up Forum 2018
The Start-up Forum is a unique event for young entrepreneurs held during the LOPEC Business Conference on Wednesday, March 14 at the LOPEC Forum.
It gives start-ups the opportunity to showcase their business ideas, innovative products, and technologies in a short presentation.
A jury, comprising business leaders, assessed the presentations and awarded prizes in the following categories:
- Best Business Case: Copprint, Dr. Ofer Shochet (IL), "Copprint - conductive copper Inks are finally ready for prime time"
- Most Impactful Technology or Producta: InkSpace Imaging, Prof. Ana Claudia Arias (US), "Printed and flexible receive coils for magnetic resonance imaging"
Student Poster Award 2018
Martin Schwarze, Technical University of Dresden, “Investigation on functionalized PEDOT as biocompatible electrode material for medical applications”
Congratulations to all those Award winners!